Tuesday 17 April 2012

IN A SELF COURT SESSION


Who has taught me to be from myself?
Who has thrown me into this ugly court?
The unfair court where the magistrate is self
The plaintiff here is soul
The defendant is the desires that roam daily
In the garden of soul
That the desires are supposed to submit to soul
Dress smartly and go to church, do good deeds
And pray every day, help the beggars and the poor
Deny yourself the dances that are not godly
Refrain from showing your body, do not forget to
Read your Bible and forgive those who trespass against you

And listen to what desire says,
Am I going to be held custody for being stylish
Oh no! will I go to jail for letting my enemies be
You are sending me to prison because the poor did not work
To earn and I did worked hard for my wealth and oh!
I cannot help them
Am I confined to this box just to state a reason why
I choose to dance to more creative music that church music
Look, when has it become wrong to read brilliant people’s writings
That the biggest boring book you call a Bible
Well, now I see, soul you want to impose rules on me
And so I should be your slave

Order in court! Plaintiff and the defendant
I have heard you all,
Depending on what I think is right
Depending on what I think is right
Even me justice self, I am self as you see
Easily corrupted and compromised
I don’t know what say to you then
If I will be for desire, I will be for destruction
If I be for soul, I will be for everlasting joy
The force in between is stronger than famous Samson
Let me be self, self yes, human. I will have you all










No comments:

Post a Comment